Jinx is a fast-moving company run by a small, but quickly growing team. We’re looking for self-starters with advanced experience in one or more areas. While we firmly believe that great ideas - like great employees - come from all walks of life, we do have one lil' non-negotiable: must love dogs.
Please email all inquiries to email@example.com
Jinx is searching for a Quality Assurance Director/Manager, Co-Manufacturing to lead Food Safety and Manufacturing. The leader will drive continuous improvement in all areas internally and on-site with co-manufacturers. The role reports to the COO and interfaces with the Founders and Operations. They will serve as the primary leader of the FSQA Function.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Director/Manager will be an experienced FSQA leader focused with a preferred background in co-manufacturing. The position will require:
- Oversee all Jinx manufacturing location’s food safety and quality assurance programs to ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local, and Company rules and regulations.
- Partner with supply chain, innovation, logistics, and procurement to identify risk based approaches to areas of need and improvement.
- Responsible for evaluation, direction, approval, coordination, and execution of manufacturing facilities.
- Lead the development and execution of the Jinx co-manufacturing manuals.
- Maintain and develop documentation, SOPs, forms that support our QMS system.
- Perform annual audits of all manufacturing partners to ensure all Jinx internal requirements.
- Facilitate investigation of nonconformities and work with Facility Managers in the development of appropriate Corrective Action Preventative Actions (CAPAs).
- Responsible for executing “Phase 2 & 3” which includes evaluating manufacturers, trialing product, and effectively launching product; working directly with Directors of Innovation and Supply Chain.
- Lead all on-site R&D trials and scaling runs at co-manufacturers.
- Lead all on-site commissioning runs and establish cadences for ongoing evaluation.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and test all internal and external specifications in coordination with manufacturers and/or vendors.
- Direct manufacturers, vendors, and warehousing in accordance with policies, principles and procedures established by Jinx.
- Review production costs and product quality, maximize yields, modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of Jinx.
- Report KPIs that focus on reducing our Risk Level and increasing Operational Controls. Develops and achieves leading indicators of quality that increase consumer satisfaction.
- Leads the vision and next steps for the Quality Assurance Program and Team.
- Prioritizes realistic goals and sets action plans that are achievable and successful.
- B.S. in Food Science, Food Engineering, Microbiology, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive technical experience across FSQA and Food Manufacturing. Previous experience as a QA Manager preferred.
- Pet and/or Food Industry experience required.
- Adept understanding of Food Regulations: Labeling, GFSI (SQF), FSMA, HACCP; FDA, and USDA
- Certified HACCP, FSVP, PCQI; and SQF Practitioner